Year end listicles are all the rage in the newspapers these days so I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon and do a toddjana top 10. I can’t really do top 10 blog posts because I haven’t written that many worthwhile posts this year. So we’ll stick with a more general top 10 interesting tidbits from the 2013 toddjana blog.
The Top Ten
- The number one blog article of 2013 is titled Yew Trees are Poisonous and Other Important Things You Should Know BEFORE You Get a Dog.
- We had 12,855 visits to our blog last year.
- People from Slovakia, the United States, and the Czech Republic visit our site most often (more than 5000 visits).
- Our blog was visited by people from 85 different countries and territories.
- People from these countries DID visit our blog: Philippines, China, United Arab Emirates, Thailand, Malaysia, Pakistan and Indonesia.
- No one visited our site from these countries (but have in the past): Mongolia, Khazakstan, Turkey, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Venezuela and Papua New Guinea.
- No one from these countries has EVER visited our site: North Korea, Yemen, Libya, Somalia and Cuba.
- In 2013, someone visited our blog from every state in the Unites States–except Vermont.
- The three countries with the most Christian martyrs in 2013 are Syria, Nigeria, and Pakistan. Both Nigeria and Pakistan visited our site more often than Vermont.
- Of the ten poorest countries in the world in 2013, only one of them visited our site. Someone from Zimbabwe visited once. But that’s still more than Vermont.
And a Bonus Factoid
Oh, and here’s bonus fact number 11: You are not from Vermont.
Why This is Interesting
It might not surprise you that Slovakia comes in at number one since were located in Slovakia but you might not actually know why. I also maintain a site for my Old Testament classes at the seminary and students visit that site to get materials, listen to recorded lectures, and so on.
One way to drive traffic to your site is to require students to visit it. It works!
Besides the post about our dog, Bona, other top ten posts include our home page and about page (1 and 9) and five pages for my OT class (2, 3, 4, 5, and 8). My Genesis posts also remain popular with one making it into the top ten (10) and my dissertation template is apparently still being used at Trinity because it came in at number 7.
All I want to know now is–what’s up with Vermont!?
Wilma Findlay says
No Vermont visits? Perhaps it’s because they are outside tapping their maple trees since they are the top producers of maple syrup in the USA (890,000 gallons in 2010). Either that or you have yet to cross paths with someone from Vermont 😉