Sometimes living in a foreign land brings unique opportunities and now Elisabeth has found herself facing one of those rare moments in life.
Elisabeth’s Unique Opportunity
The Catholic Church broadcasts Radio Lumen throughout Slovakia and on their station, at 7:00 on Friday evening, they have a program designed to help kids learn English. As it turns out, the producer of the program is the husband of one of the teachers at Narnia. At the beginning of the school year he asked Elisabeth if she would be willing to be their “native speaker.”
Elisabeth’s Radio Debut
Every Friday night from 7:00 to 7:30 Elisabeth participates in the live radio program. During part of the program they play a recording of Elisabeth reading a text in English and then in Slovak. Then during the show they talk about it and at the end they take callers that interact with Elisabeth and the show’s host.
Unfortunately, they don’t stream or even record the program for download but you they do make Elisabeth’s recordings available for download. I’ve attached them below or you can also find them on the radio’s site.
- Anglické svetielko 05.10.2012 Elisabeth Anna Patterson
- Anglické svetielko 12.10.2012 Elisabeth Anna Patterson
- Anglické svetielko 19.10.2012 Elisabeth Anna Patterson
- Anglické svetielko 26.10.2012 Elisabeth Anna Patterson
- Anglické svetielko 02.11.2012 Elisabeth Anna Patterson
- Anglické svetielko 09.11.2012 Elisabeth Anna Patterson
- Anglické svetielko 16.11.2012 Elisabeth Anna Patterson