This year I’m splitting our annual januflection (looking back and looking ahead) into three parts. We’ve already looked back and looked ahead, now it’s time to look up. In this post I’m offering 6 key ways that you can pray for our family and ministry in 2016.
2016 Key Items of Prayer
- Please pray for our family as we enter the prefrontal cortex blackout known as the teenage years. I mentioned Elisabeth’s high school plans and Max’s possible baptism but also pray for Jana and I to have wisdom to create an atmosphere of safety and love where they can thrive as they grow into adults.
- At this very moment (unless there’s news) people are looking at my book and making a decision as to whether or not they will publish it. Soon I hope others will be deciding about papers or articles. Please pray for these decisions, they have a real impact on the scope of our ministry and the strength of our seminary.
- Narnia will hold its first ever English camp this year. We’re excited about the enthusiastic cooperation with Judson Baptist from Nashville and the potential fruit. You can pray for planning on both sides of the ocean but also for the kids who will be touched by this ministry.
- There are a lot of ways to pray for Narnia. You can pray for Jana and her role and outreach to the kids, for our congregation’s ability to pay off the debt for the school property, for wisdom regarding how to create outreach opportunities as the school gets larger, and for families that are being reached every single day.
- We have a small group with great people that we have become very close to. We’ve become committed friends and that means walking with each other through thick and thin. Please pray as we walk with families that are hurting and families that are seeking.
- With another accreditation under our belt it seems that the seminary has reached a point of stability. I’m thankful to the great people that have given their lives to get us to this point where we can be a solid part of training pastors for the church in Slovakia. But we do need to raise it up a notch. Pray for our faculty and pray for our students so the seminary will truly be a blessing to God’s church in Slovakia and beyond.
Thanks for praying!